- Who Needs Feminism? Started by 16 female students at Duke University, this Tumblr features images submitted by readers explaining why they need feminism:
- Tattoos aren’t just for sluts. Daily Mail writer Liz Jones recently spilled about her new tattoo and explained that, to her, “self-indulgent decoration always seemed a bit dirty, a bit slut-like. And, as we all know, I am the very opposite of a slut. I could never take part in one of their protest marches (against justifying rape on the grounds of a woman’s appearance): all fishnet tights and exposed bras, messy make-up and loud opinions.” FemInspire writer Becci Yare calls her out on her misogyny.
- “Blow minds, not guys” is really bad advice.
This image has been circulating like wildfire on Facebook and Tumblr, implying not only that being well-read/intelligent and promiscuous are mutually exclusive, but also that “opening legs” and “blowing guys” are inherently wrong and shameful.
- Why Women Need to Stop Apologizing for Everything. Ever noticed a tendency to apologize for everything, even if you’ve done nothing wrong? Personally, I am Queen Gratuitous Apologizer Extraordinaire. But this habit is prevalent among women, and suggests a deeply reinforced feeling of uncertainty, submissiveness, and inferiority.
- And finally, an XKCD comic touching on the misogynistic nature of pickup artists and and related bar scene pickup lines. Oh, snap.